Bankinter keeps targets, says no plans to enter bad bank
MADRID Oct 18 (Reuters) - Spanish mid-sized lender Bankinter has no current plans to invest in the country's new bad bank to house toxic property assets, its chief executive said on Thursday, after reiterating a full-year net profit target.
Bankinter is targeting net profit of 130 million euros ($171 million) in 2012 after posting a 51 percent decline in nine-month profit to 72.3 million euros on Thursday. ($1 = 0.7621 euros) (Reporting By Tomas Cobos; Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- U.S. fast-food workers walk off job, rally for higher minimum wage