- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
- Special Report: The deeper agenda behind "Abenomics"
BCE to ask Ottawa to help overturn ruling on Astral deal
TORONTO Oct 18 (Reuters) - BCE Inc said on Thursday it will ask the federal government to intervene to help overturn a ruling by Canada's broadcast regulator to block BCE's C$3 billion ($3.05 billion) takeover of content provider Astral Media.
The Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) blocked the controversial deal on Thursday, saying the deal would have given too much power to BCE, already the country's biggest telecoms company and owner of numerous TV and radio assets.
BCE said it will ask the federal government to intervene and issue direction to the CRTC.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this