Boston Scientific posts net loss on charges, weaker sales
* Third-qtr net loss 52 cents vs profit 9 cents
* Excluding items, profit 16 cents vs Wall St view of 11 cents
* Sales fall to $1.735 bln from $1.874 bln
Oct 18 (Reuters) - Medical device maker Boston Scientific Corp on Thursday reported a quarterly net loss on charges and weaker sales.
Net earnings were $725 million, or 52 cents per share in the third quarter, compared with a net profit of $142 million, or 9 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
Excluding items, the company posted a profit of 16 cents. On that basis, the average estimate on Wall Street was 11 cents.
Quarterly sales were $1.735 billion, down from $1.874 billion a year ago.
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |