Sprint Nextel acquires control of Clearwire
Oct 18 (Reuters) - Wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp has acquired control of Clearwire Corp after buying out one of the company's other shareholders, Sprint said in a securities filing on Thursday.
Sprint reached the deal with Eagle River Holdings on Wednesday and now controls a 50.8 percent stake in Clearwire, the filing said.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM