Sprint Nextel acquires control of Clearwire
Oct 18 (Reuters) - Wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp has acquired control of Clearwire Corp after buying out one of the company's other shareholders, Sprint said in a securities filing on Thursday.
Sprint reached the deal with Eagle River Holdings on Wednesday and now controls a 50.8 percent stake in Clearwire, the filing said.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident