Sprint Nextel acquires control of Clearwire
Oct 18 (Reuters) - Wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp has acquired control of Clearwire Corp after buying out one of the company's other shareholders, Sprint said in a securities filing on Thursday.
Sprint reached the deal with Eagle River Holdings on Wednesday and now controls a 50.8 percent stake in Clearwire, the filing said.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |