Componenta to cut 550 jobs
HELSINKI Oct 18 (Reuters) - Finnish metal components maker Componenta said it planned to cut 550 jobs, or 12 percent of its total staff, to boost profitability.
Componenta, which makes cast components for trucks, cars and tractors, said on Thursday it was being hit by rising costs and unfavourable currency rates.
Componenta has plants in Finland, Turkey, Sweden and the Netherlands.
Its shares were down 8.1 percent at 1130 GMT. (Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl; Editing by Dan Lalor) (email@example.com; +358 9 6805 0248; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |