Componenta to cut 550 jobs
HELSINKI Oct 18 (Reuters) - Finnish metal components maker Componenta said it planned to cut 550 jobs, or 12 percent of its total staff, to boost profitability.
Componenta, which makes cast components for trucks, cars and tractors, said on Thursday it was being hit by rising costs and unfavourable currency rates.
Componenta has plants in Finland, Turkey, Sweden and the Netherlands.
Its shares were down 8.1 percent at 1130 GMT. (Reporting By Jussi Rosendahl; Editing by Dan Lalor) (firstname.lastname@example.org; +358 9 6805 0248; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies