Danaher posts higher third-quarter profit
NEW YORK Oct 18 (Reuters) - Industrial and healthcare conglomerate Danaher Corp reported a higher quarterly profit on Thursday, but cut its forecast for the year and said it would spend more to restructure its operations.
Third-quarter net earnings rose 5 percent to $548.7 million, or 77 cents per share, from $523.4 million, or 73 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales dipped to $4.42 billion from $4.45 billion.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |