Danaher posts higher third-quarter profit
NEW YORK Oct 18 (Reuters) - Industrial and healthcare conglomerate Danaher Corp reported a higher quarterly profit on Thursday, but cut its forecast for the year and said it would spend more to restructure its operations.
Third-quarter net earnings rose 5 percent to $548.7 million, or 77 cents per share, from $523.4 million, or 73 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales dipped to $4.42 billion from $4.45 billion.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia