Fairfax Announces Repayment of GFIC Loan Note
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
TORONTO, ONTARIO, Oct 18 (MARKET WIRE) -- (Note: All dollar amounts in this press release are expressed in US dollars.) Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX:FFH)(TSX:FFH.U) announces that TIG Insurance Company, a runoff subsidiary of Fairfax, has today agreed with the holder of the loan note issued by TIG in connection with its acquisition of General Fidelity Insurance Company in February 2011 to pay $200 million in full and final satisfaction of that loan note. It is expected that that payment will be made on or before November 9, 2012. Fairfax is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Contacts: Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited John Varnell Vice President, Corporate Development (416) 367-4941 Media Contact Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Paul Rivett Vice President, Operations (416) 367-4941 Copyright 2012, Market Wire, All rights reserved. -0-
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner