PPG Industries profit jumped 9 percent on cost cuts
Oct 18 (Reuters) - Chemicals producer PPG Industries Inc posted a 9 percent jump in quarterly profit on Thursday as cost cuts helped offset nearly flat revenue growth.
For the third quarter, the company posted net income of $339 million, or $2.18 per share, compared with $311 million, or $1.96 per share, in the year-ago period.
Net sales slipped less than 1 percent to $3.85 billion.
Pittsburgh-based PPG cut its cost of sales 3 percent to $2.3 billion.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls