BB&T posts higher 3rd-quarter profit
(Reuters) - BB&T Corp (BBT.N) posted a higher third-quarter profit as the regional bank generated more mortgage banking revenue.
Net income available to common shareholders rose to $469 million, or 66 cents per share, up from $366 million, or 52 cents per share, a year earlier.
The southeastern U.S. bank, which has a market value of about $22 billion, had emerged from the financial crisis as one of the strongest lenders in the region, avoiding many of the real estate problems faced by its peers.
(Reporting by Sharanya Hrishikesh in Bangalore; Editing by Sreejiraj Eluvangal)
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance