FDA OKs expanded indication for Edwards Lifesciences heart valve
Oct 19 (Reuters) - Edwards Lifesciences Corporation said U.S. health regulators approved the use of its artificial heart valve for additional indications.
The heart valve, which is implanted using a less-invasive procedure than traditional open-heart surgery, can now be used on patients with aortic valve stenosis who are eligible for surgery but are at high risk for serious surgical complications or death.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Missouri officials to reveal grand jury's decision on teen's shooting |
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video