FDA OKs expanded indication for Edwards Lifesciences heart valve
Oct 19 (Reuters) - Edwards Lifesciences Corporation said U.S. health regulators approved the use of its artificial heart valve for additional indications.
The heart valve, which is implanted using a less-invasive procedure than traditional open-heart surgery, can now be used on patients with aortic valve stenosis who are eligible for surgery but are at high risk for serious surgical complications or death.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image