FDA OKs expanded indication for Edwards Lifesciences heart valve
Oct 19 (Reuters) - Edwards Lifesciences Corporation said U.S. health regulators approved the use of its artificial heart valve for additional indications.
The heart valve, which is implanted using a less-invasive procedure than traditional open-heart surgery, can now be used on patients with aortic valve stenosis who are eligible for surgery but are at high risk for serious surgical complications or death.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South