- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
Fiat denies report on Italy investment plan
MILAN Oct 19 (Reuters) - Fiat denied as groundless on Friday a press report detailing an investment plan for its Italian plants to be presented by CEO Sergio Marchionne on Oct. 30.
Rome-based Il Messaggero said Fiat had shelved the idea of closing its Mirafiori car plant in Turin and was considering producing two new mini-SUVs in Melfi in southern Italy from 2014.
The Italian parent of U.S. automaker Chrysler will centre its new business plan around ways to boost production for export, the paper said.
In a statement, Fiat said the report was the result of groundless media speculation.
(Reporting By Silvia Aloisi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this