Greece's Piraeus Bank reaches final deal for Geniki
ATHENS Oct 19 (Reuters) - Greece's Piraeus Bank said on Friday it had reached a final agreement to buy Geniki Bank, the ailing Greek unit of French lender Societe Generale.
Societe Generale, which controls 99.1 percent of Geniki, had said in August that it was in talks with Piraeus on the Greek lender. (Reporting by Harry Papachristou)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work