Greece's Piraeus Bank reaches final deal for Geniki
ATHENS Oct 19 (Reuters) - Greece's Piraeus Bank said on Friday it had reached a final agreement to buy Geniki Bank, the ailing Greek unit of French lender Societe Generale.
Societe Generale, which controls 99.1 percent of Geniki, had said in August that it was in talks with Piraeus on the Greek lender. (Reporting by Harry Papachristou)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers