Greece's Piraeus Bank reaches final deal for Geniki
ATHENS Oct 19 (Reuters) - Greece's Piraeus Bank said on Friday it had reached a final agreement to buy Geniki Bank, the ailing Greek unit of French lender Societe Generale.
Societe Generale, which controls 99.1 percent of Geniki, had said in August that it was in talks with Piraeus on the Greek lender. (Reporting by Harry Papachristou)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions