Indian tobacco giant ITC Q2 net profit up 22 percent, meets forecast
MUMBAI Oct 19 (Reuters) - India's largest cigarette maker ITC Ltd, posted a 21.6 percent jump in quarterly net profit, largely in line with expectations.
ITC, India's fourth most valuable company at $42.8 billion, said on Friday its net profit rose to 18.36 billion rupees ($345.60 million) for the quarter ended Sept. 30, up from 15.1 billion rupees a year earlier.
Analysts had expected a 22 percent rise in earnings to 18.5 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
($1 = 53.1250 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |