Top Lebanese security official killed in Beirut blast
BEIRUT Oct 19 (Reuters) - A top Lebanese security official was killed in the car bombing in Beirut on Friday, Lebanon's al-Jadeed television said.
Wissam al-Hassan, who was in charge of a top intelligence unit, was the brain behind uncovering a recent bomb plot that led to the arrest of a pro-Syrian Lebanese politician.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N