LG Chem CEO says not decided on battery plant in Europe
SEOUL Oct 19 (Reuters) - LG Chem Ltd, the South Korean electric car battery supplier for Renault SA, has not decided whether or not to build a factory in Europe with the French automaker, it said on Friday, citing difficult market conditions.
"Nothing has been decided yet (regarding the battery plant). The car battery market is still in difficult conditions. The market is still uncertain," chief executive Peter Bahn-suk Kim told reporters on the sidelines of an earnings conference. (Reporting by Hyunjoo Jin; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source