Schlumberger profit rises on international strength
Oct 19 (Reuters) - Schlumberger Ltd, the world's largest oilfield services company, reported a higher quarterly profit on Friday, lifted by its strength outside the volatile North American market and its exposure to the offshore drilling boom.
Third-quarter net income rose 9 percent to $1.42 billion, or $1.07 per share, from $1.30 billion, or 96 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue increased 11 percent to $10.61 billion.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official