Lebanese opposition bloc calls for PM to quit after bombing
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanon's opposition March 14 bloc said it held Prime Minister Najib Mikati responsible for the death of a senior intelligence official in a car bombing on Friday and called on his government to resign.
Mikati was responsible "for the blood of Wissam al-Hassan and the blood of the innocents who died" in the bombing, the group said in a statement. "This government must go, and the prime minister is asked to present his resignation."
(Editing by Ralph Gowling)
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Teen in 'Jihad Jane' case to be sentenced on U.S. terror charges
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor