Lebanese opposition bloc calls for PM to quit after bombing
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanon's opposition March 14 bloc said it held Prime Minister Najib Mikati responsible for the death of a senior intelligence official in a car bombing on Friday and called on his government to resign.
Mikati was responsible "for the blood of Wissam al-Hassan and the blood of the innocents who died" in the bombing, the group said in a statement. "This government must go, and the prime minister is asked to present his resignation."
(Editing by Ralph Gowling)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters