Yara Q3 earnings top forecasts
OSLO Oct 19 (Reuters) - Norwegian fertiliser firm Yara reported third-quarter core earnings slightly above expectations on Friday and said farmers now had stronger pre-buying incentives than a year ago.
"The global farm margin outlook and incentives for fertilizer application are strong," the firm said in a statement.
"Pre-buying incentives for the new season are significantly stronger than a year ago, with higher grain prices and lower nitrogen fertilizer prices," it added.
July-September adjusted earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA), excluding one-off items, fell to 4.19 billion crowns ($744.54 million) from 4.21 billion in the year-ago period, while analysts had on average expected 4.15 billion. ($1 = 5.6277 Norwegian crowns) (Reporting by Victoria Klesty; Editing by Balazs Koranyi)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat