Magnitude 6.6 earthquake strikes north-northwest of Vanuatu-USGS
WASHINGTON Oct 20 (Reuters) - A magnitude 6.6 earthquake struck at 2300 GMT Saturday north-northwest of Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The temblor, at a depth of 22 miles in the south Pacific Ocean, did not trigger a warning from the regional tsunami warning center. (Editing By Todd Eastham)
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Florida-bound Delta flight diverted over reclining seat dispute