Magnitude 6.6 earthquake strikes north-northwest of Vanuatu-USGS
WASHINGTON Oct 20 (Reuters) - A magnitude 6.6 earthquake struck at 2300 GMT Saturday north-northwest of Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The temblor, at a depth of 22 miles in the south Pacific Ocean, did not trigger a warning from the regional tsunami warning center. (Editing By Todd Eastham)
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?