Magnitude 6.6 earthquake strikes north-northwest of Vanuatu-USGS
WASHINGTON Oct 20 (Reuters) - A magnitude 6.6 earthquake struck at 2300 GMT Saturday north-northwest of Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The temblor, at a depth of 22 miles in the south Pacific Ocean, did not trigger a warning from the regional tsunami warning center. (Editing By Todd Eastham)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on