Magnitude 6.6 earthquake strikes north-northwest of Vanuatu-USGS
WASHINGTON Oct 20 (Reuters) - A magnitude 6.6 earthquake struck at 2300 GMT Saturday north-northwest of Vanuatu, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The temblor, at a depth of 22 miles in the south Pacific Ocean, did not trigger a warning from the regional tsunami warning center. (Editing By Todd Eastham)
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Australia police kill 'terror suspect' after two officers stabbed
- Islamic State blows away Gulf qualms about joining U.S. military action