Goldman's bank unit to open branch office in London
Oct 19 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc's commercial bank unit plans to open a branch office in London.
Goldman filed an application, dated Oct. 8, for a new office of Goldman Sachs Bank USA, to its local regulator, New York's Department of Financial Services (DFS).
This would be the first branch outside of the United States for the unit since becoming a commercial bank in 2008, according to the Financial Times, which first reported the news.
Goldman Sachs was not immediately available for comment.
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- Officials make preparations for Ferguson grand jury decision |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse: sources
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video