Goldman's bank unit to open branch office in London
Oct 19 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc's commercial bank unit plans to open a branch office in London.
Goldman filed an application, dated Oct. 8, for a new office of Goldman Sachs Bank USA, to its local regulator, New York's Department of Financial Services (DFS).
This would be the first branch outside of the United States for the unit since becoming a commercial bank in 2008, according to the Financial Times, which first reported the news.
Goldman Sachs was not immediately available for comment.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.