Michelin sales rise as pricing defies slump
PARIS Oct 22 (Reuters) - French tyre maker Michelin said revenue rose 5.7 percent in the third quarter as buoyant pricing and currency effects helped to offset a decline in sales volumes.
Revenue rose to 5.44 billion euros ($7.11 billion) in the three months ended Sept. 30 from 5.14 billion a year earlier, the company said in a statement on Monday. ($1 = 0.7651 euros) (Reporting by Laurence Frost; Editing by James Regan)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |