Coal miner Peabody's profit slumps
Oct 22 (Reuters) - Coal miner Peabody Energy Corp, which has cut production targets in the face of weak demand and slumping prices, said third-quarter profit more than halved.
Peabody, which operates mines in the United States and Australia, said income from continuing operations fell to $122.9 million, or 46 cents per share, from $291.2 million, or $1.04 per share.
Revenue rose 6 percent to $2.1 billion.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media