TCS up 2.7 pct in pre-open on strong earnings
MUMBAI Oct 22 (Reuters) - Shares in Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS), India's largest software services exporter, opened up 2.7 percent in pre-market trade after the company posted a 44 percent rise in quarterly profit on Friday.
TCS's net profit for the three months ended September rose to 35.12 billion rupees ($652 million) from 24.39 billion rupees a year earlier, TCS said. Analysts had forecast a profit of 33.34 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters estimates. (Reporting by Manoj Dharra, Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote