TCS up 2.7 pct in pre-open on strong earnings
MUMBAI Oct 22 (Reuters) - Shares in Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS), India's largest software services exporter, opened up 2.7 percent in pre-market trade after the company posted a 44 percent rise in quarterly profit on Friday.
TCS's net profit for the three months ended September rose to 35.12 billion rupees ($652 million) from 24.39 billion rupees a year earlier, TCS said. Analysts had forecast a profit of 33.34 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters estimates. (Reporting by Manoj Dharra, Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Louisiana judge rules state's gay marriage ban unconstitutional
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, "rumble on for years" - study