ECB's Constancio: conflict of mon policy, supervision overplayed
LONDON (Reuters) - The potential for conflict between monetary policy and supervision the euro zone's banks is exaggerated, European Central Bank Vice-President Vitor Constancio said on Monday.
There would be "firewalls" between monetary policy and supervision within the central bank, Constancio told a committee of Britain's upper house in parliament.
Price stability would always be the central bank's main priority, he stressed.
- Anger mounts after bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official