ECB's Constancio: conflict of mon policy, supervision overplayed
LONDON (Reuters) - The potential for conflict between monetary policy and supervision the euro zone's banks is exaggerated, European Central Bank Vice-President Vitor Constancio said on Monday.
There would be "firewalls" between monetary policy and supervision within the central bank, Constancio told a committee of Britain's upper house in parliament.
Price stability would always be the central bank's main priority, he stressed.
(Reporting by Sven Egenter and Huw Jones)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote