Western Digital 1st-qtr profit soars
Oct 22 (Reuters) - Hard disk drive maker Western Digital Corp's first-quarter profit more than doubled to $519 million.
Excluding items, the company earned $2.36 a share.
Revenue during the three-month period jumped 50 percent to $ 4 .04 b illion and the company shipped 62.5 million drives.
Its shares closed at $35.28 on Monday on the Nasdaq.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions