Western Digital 1st-qtr profit soars
Oct 22 (Reuters) - Hard disk drive maker Western Digital Corp's first-quarter profit more than doubled to $519 million.
Excluding items, the company earned $2.36 a share.
Revenue during the three-month period jumped 50 percent to $ 4 .04 b illion and the company shipped 62.5 million drives.
Its shares closed at $35.28 on Monday on the Nasdaq.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia