AK Steel posts wider third-quarter loss
Oct 23 (Reuters) - AK Steel Holding Corp posted a wider third-quarter loss on Tuesday, as weak global demand pushed down prices for its steel products.
The net loss was $60.9 million, or 55 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.5 million, or 3 cents per share, in the same quarter of 2011, the Ohio-based steelmaker said.
Sales dropped to $1.46 billion from $1.58 billion, AK Steel said.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote