AK Steel posts wider third-quarter loss
Oct 23 (Reuters) - AK Steel Holding Corp posted a wider third-quarter loss on Tuesday, as weak global demand pushed down prices for its steel products.
The net loss was $60.9 million, or 55 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.5 million, or 3 cents per share, in the same quarter of 2011, the Ohio-based steelmaker said.
Sales dropped to $1.46 billion from $1.58 billion, AK Steel said.
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew as rescue hampered by tides |
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official