AK Steel posts wider third-quarter loss
Oct 23 (Reuters) - AK Steel Holding Corp posted a wider third-quarter loss on Tuesday, as weak global demand pushed down prices for its steel products.
The net loss was $60.9 million, or 55 cents per share, compared with a loss of $3.5 million, or 3 cents per share, in the same quarter of 2011, the Ohio-based steelmaker said.
Sales dropped to $1.46 billion from $1.58 billion, AK Steel said.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea