Ametek reports higher profit, raises full-year profit forecast
Oct 23 (Reuters) - Diversified manufacturer Ametek Inc raised its full-year earnings forecast for the second time in three months after it reported a higher quarterly profit on growth in its oil and gas, aerospace and power businesses.
The company raised its full-year earnings forecast to between $1.85 and $1.87 per share from $1.83 to $1.85 per share.
Net income rose to $115.4 million, or 47 cents per share, in the third quarter from $98 million, or 40 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 12 percent to $839.4 million .
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter