- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states |
China's Dongfeng to build transmissions with Germany's Getrag
SHANGHAI Oct 23 (Reuters) - China's Dongfeng Motor Group will make advanced dual-clutch transmissions with Germany's Getrag Group, a move that will develop Chinese expertise in the key auto part technology, Xinhua news service reported.
Most of the dual-clutch transmissions in use in China are produced by Volkswagen or other foreign firms, the report said, although it added that domestic firm BYD produces its own transmissions.
Dongfeng Motor and Getrag will each hold a 50 percent stake in the transmission venture, investing 120 million euros ($156.8 million), the report said. The operation will be located in the central Chinese city of Wuhan.
Getrag is one of the world's largest transmission manufacturers, while Dongfeng Motor is China's second-largest automaker, operating joint ventures with Nissan Motor Co Ltd , Honda Motor Co Ltd and PSA Peugeot Citroen .
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this