Brazil's Embraer posts 3rd qtr profit of $65.3 mln
SAO PAULO Oct 23 (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer, the world's third-largest commercial planemaker, reported third-quarter net income on Tuesday of 132.5 million reais ($65.30 million), similar to the second quarter and up from a small loss in the year-ago period.
Embraer's net income fell short of the average estimate of $103 million in a Reuters survey of nine analysts. Analysts gave their estimates in dollars, but Embraer's initial earnings report was in Brazilian reais.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows