Illinois Tool posts higher profit
NEW YORK Oct 22 (Reuters) - Illinois Tool Works Inc reported a higher quarterly profit on Tuesday as North American demand offset slow international markets.
The diversified manufacturer of construction materials, welding equipment and restaurant supplies reported net earnings of $524 million, or $1.12 per share, compared with $507 million, or $1.04 per share, a year earlier.
Sales dipped 2 percent to $4.50 billion, hurt by a stronger dollar, and were below Wall Street estimates of $4.58 billion.
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- North Korea's "reign of terror" worries South's leader
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media