Finland's Kone raises full-year outlook
HELSINKI Oct 23 (Reuters) - Finnish lift and escalator maker Kone raised its outlook for the full year after a stronger-than-expected rise in third-quarter operating profit thanks to sales growth in Asia.
Kone said on Tuesday it now expects 2012 operating profit, excluding one-time costs, of 780-820 million euros ($1.02-$1.07 billion) on stronger sales. It previously forecast operating profit of 760-820 million euros.
Kone's July-September operating income rose 19 percent to 224.5 million euros compared to the market's average forecast for 215 million euros in a Reuters poll. ($1 = 0.7651 euros) (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Rescuers seek survivors after NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ