Finland's Kone raises full-year outlook
HELSINKI Oct 23 (Reuters) - Finnish lift and escalator maker Kone raised its outlook for the full year after a stronger-than-expected rise in third-quarter operating profit thanks to sales growth in Asia.
Kone said on Tuesday it now expects 2012 operating profit, excluding one-time costs, of 780-820 million euros ($1.02-$1.07 billion) on stronger sales. It previously forecast operating profit of 760-820 million euros.
Kone's July-September operating income rose 19 percent to 224.5 million euros compared to the market's average forecast for 215 million euros in a Reuters poll. ($1 = 0.7651 euros) (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn