Maersk says signs $694 mln drillship contract
COPENHAGEN Oct 23 (Reuters) - Danish oil and shipping group A.P. Moller-Maersk said on Tuesday its Maersk Drilling unit had signed a contract worth $694 million for one of its new build drillships.
The contract for the drillship, Deepwater Advanced 2, was signed with ConocoPhillips and Marathon Oil Company , the company said in a statement.
The contract duration is three years, with options for up to an additional two years and commencement of operations is expected by the middle of 2014, Maersk said.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane