Maersk says signs $694 mln drillship contract
COPENHAGEN Oct 23 (Reuters) - Danish oil and shipping group A.P. Moller-Maersk said on Tuesday its Maersk Drilling unit had signed a contract worth $694 million for one of its new build drillships.
The contract for the drillship, Deepwater Advanced 2, was signed with ConocoPhillips and Marathon Oil Company , the company said in a statement.
The contract duration is three years, with options for up to an additional two years and commencement of operations is expected by the middle of 2014, Maersk said.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes