- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Ryder posts higher profit, raises outlook
Oct 23 (Reuters) - Trucking and logistics company Ryder System Inc reported higher quarterly profit on Tuesday, helped by cost cuts, a reduced fleet, and sales of used vehicles, and raised its forecast for the balance of the year.
The Miami-based company on Tuesday said third-quarter net profit rose to $75.1 million, or $1.47 per share, from $56.5 million, or $1.10 a share, a year earlier.
Earnings from continuing operations, excluding a tax benefit and other items, were $1.28 a share, compared with $1.09 per share a year earlier.
Revenue was flat at $1.57 billion.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this