Ryder posts higher profit, raises outlook
Oct 23 (Reuters) - Trucking and logistics company Ryder System Inc reported higher quarterly profit on Tuesday, helped by cost cuts, a reduced fleet, and sales of used vehicles, and raised its forecast for the balance of the year.
The Miami-based company on Tuesday said third-quarter net profit rose to $75.1 million, or $1.47 per share, from $56.5 million, or $1.10 a share, a year earlier.
Earnings from continuing operations, excluding a tax benefit and other items, were $1.28 a share, compared with $1.09 per share a year earlier.
Revenue was flat at $1.57 billion.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident