Ryder posts higher profit, raises outlook
Oct 23 (Reuters) - Trucking and logistics company Ryder System Inc reported higher quarterly profit on Tuesday, helped by cost cuts, a reduced fleet, and sales of used vehicles, and raised its forecast for the balance of the year.
The Miami-based company on Tuesday said third-quarter net profit rose to $75.1 million, or $1.47 per share, from $56.5 million, or $1.10 a share, a year earlier.
Earnings from continuing operations, excluding a tax benefit and other items, were $1.28 a share, compared with $1.09 per share a year earlier.
Revenue was flat at $1.57 billion.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Fiercest fighting in days hits Syrian border town |