REFILE-Goodyear S.Africa workers on strike -union
JOHANNESBURG Oct 23 (Reuters) - Workers at a Goodyear factory in South Africa went on strike on Tuesday, to protest a change in the company's policy toward allowances for breaks, the National Union of Metal Workers said.
The union did not say how many of the employees it represents were on strike.
South African mining and transport sectors have been engulfed in wildcat strikes since August as workers demand higher wages or better conditions.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat