Ametek reports higher profit, raises full-year profit forecast
(Reuters) - Diversified manufacturer Ametek Inc (AME.N) raised its full-year earnings forecast for the second time in three months after it reported a higher quarterly profit on growth in its oil and gas, aerospace and power businesses.
The company raised its full-year earnings forecast to between $1.85 and $1.87 per share from $1.83 to $1.85 per share.
Net income rose to $115.4 million, or 47 cents per share, in the third quarter from $98 million, or 40 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 12 percent to $839.4 million.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |