Ametek reports higher profit, raises full-year profit forecast
(Reuters) - Diversified manufacturer Ametek Inc (AME.N) raised its full-year earnings forecast for the second time in three months after it reported a higher quarterly profit on growth in its oil and gas, aerospace and power businesses.
The company raised its full-year earnings forecast to between $1.85 and $1.87 per share from $1.83 to $1.85 per share.
Net income rose to $115.4 million, or 47 cents per share, in the third quarter from $98 million, or 40 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 12 percent to $839.4 million.
(Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data