Coach sales rise on gains in North America, China
(Reuters) - Upscale leather goods maker Coach Inc (COH.N) reported higher quarterly sales as business picked up at its own stores in North America and there were large gains in China.
Overall revenue in the first quarter, which ended September 29, rose 10.6 percent to $1.16 billion, in line with Wall Street analysts' projections, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sales at its own stores in North America, still its biggest market by far, rose 11 percent during the quarter. In China, still a small market for Coach, sales at stores open a year rose by a double digit percentage.
Net income in the quarter was $221.4 million, or 77 cents per share, compared with $215 million, or 73 cents, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Phil Wahba in New York; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park