VMware 3rd-qtr profit beats estimates
Oct 23 (Reuters) - Software maker VMware Inc reported third quarter profits that beat estimates as it benefited from continued demand for virtual servers and cloud computing technologies.
A division of storage giant EMC Corp, VMware said on Wednesday that quarterly revenue was $1.13 billion and profit, excluding items, was $303 million, or 70 cents per share.
Analysts had on average forecast $1.13 billion in revenue on earnings of 63 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note