AEP sees coal-to-gas switching reversing as natgas prices rise
NEW YORK Oct 24 (Reuters) - American Electric Power Co Inc says it has seen some switching of electricity generation back to coal from natural gas as gas prices have risen.
Once gas prices rise to between $3.00 and $3.25 per million British thermal units (mmBtu) "you start to see a switch back to coal," a company executive said during an earnings conference call on Wednesday.
New York Mercantile Exchange natural gas futures prices have remained above $3 per mmBtu since the end of September.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with more easing steps