AEP grows natural gas-fired power generation
NEW YORK Oct 24 (Reuters) - American Electric Power Co Inc has grown its overall natural gas fired electricity generation by 50 percent year-to-date, the company said during an earnings conference call on Wednesday.
AEP owns and operates some 80 power generating stations in the United States, totaling about 38,000 megawatts. About two-thirds of that is coal-fired generation, it says on its website.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, including gunman, in shooting at Washington high school: police
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order