AEP grows natural gas-fired power generation
NEW YORK Oct 24 (Reuters) - American Electric Power Co Inc has grown its overall natural gas fired electricity generation by 50 percent year-to-date, the company said during an earnings conference call on Wednesday.
AEP owns and operates some 80 power generating stations in the United States, totaling about 38,000 megawatts. About two-thirds of that is coal-fired generation, it says on its website.
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote