AEP grows natural gas-fired power generation
NEW YORK Oct 24 (Reuters) - American Electric Power Co Inc has grown its overall natural gas fired electricity generation by 50 percent year-to-date, the company said during an earnings conference call on Wednesday.
AEP owns and operates some 80 power generating stations in the United States, totaling about 38,000 megawatts. About two-thirds of that is coal-fired generation, it says on its website.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |