Softbank, KDDI to offer Apple's iPad mini in Japan
TOKYO Oct 24 (Reuters) - Both Softbank Corp and KDDI Corp will offer Apple Inc's 7.9-inch version of the iPad in Japan, Apple said on its Japanese website on Wednesday, competing with one another as well as with Google Inc's Nexus 7 and Rakuten Inc's Kobo e-reader here.
Softbank is betting on a $20 billion bid to buy control of U.S. telco Sprint Nextel Corp and diversify away from Japan's saturated market dominated by NTT Docomo.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Islamist militants on rise in Austria: government