Banco BPI 9-month net up 15.3 pct
LISBON Oct 24 (Reuters) - Banco BPI, Portugal's third largest private bank, reported on Wednesday a 15.3 percent rise in net profit in the first nine months of the year, boosted by a jump in trading gains, the bank said.
Net profit rose to 117 million euros from 102 million euros in the same period last year while net interest income slipped 0.5 percent to 440 million euros.
(Reporting By Axel Bugge)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks