Banco BPI 9-month net up 15.3 pct
LISBON Oct 24 (Reuters) - Banco BPI, Portugal's third largest private bank, reported on Wednesday a 15.3 percent rise in net profit in the first nine months of the year, boosted by a jump in trading gains, the bank said.
Net profit rose to 117 million euros from 102 million euros in the same period last year while net interest income slipped 0.5 percent to 440 million euros.
(Reporting By Axel Bugge)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb