- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Cheesecake Factory profit, customer traffic rise
* Cheesecake Factory same-restaurant sales up 2.9 percent
* Shares up about 1 percent
Oct 24 (Reuters) - Cheesecake Factory Inc on Wednesday reported higher quarterly profit after an increase in customers helped sales at its established namesake restaurants grow more than expected.
Third-quarter net income at the chain, known for its array of cheesecakes and ample portions, increased to $27.2 million, or 49 cents per share, from $20.6 million, or 36 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue increased to $453.8 million from $430.4 million a year earlier.Ÿ Ÿ
Sales at restaurants open at least 18 months were up 2.9 percent at the Cheesecake Factory and fell 2 percent at Grand Lux Cafe, its smaller chain.
Analysts polled by Consensus Metrix expected a 2.3 percent sales gain at Cheesecake Factory and a 0.8 percent fall at Grand Lux Cafe.
Shares in Cheesecake Factory rose 0.9 percent to $33.05 in extended trading.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this