Cliffs Natural profit slumps on lower iron ore prices
Oct 24 (Reuters) - Iron ore and coal miner Cliffs Natural Resources Inc's third-quarter profit slumped 85 percent as iron ore prices fell.
Third-quarter profit at the Cleveland-based company fell to $85.1 million, or $0.59 per share, from $601.2 million, or $4.15 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 26 percent to $1.5 billion.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand