Cliffs Natural profit slumps on lower iron ore prices
Oct 24 (Reuters) - Iron ore and coal miner Cliffs Natural Resources Inc's third-quarter profit slumped 85 percent as iron ore prices fell.
Third-quarter profit at the Cleveland-based company fell to $85.1 million, or $0.59 per share, from $601.2 million, or $4.15 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 26 percent to $1.5 billion.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter