UPDATE 1-EMC profit misses estimates, cuts 2012 outlook
* Q3 revenue $5.28 bln vs Street view of $5.46 bln
* Q3 EPS is 40 cents vs 42 cents
* Cuts outlook to EPS range of $1.68 to $1.70
* Shares down 6.5 pct in premarket trading
Oct 24 (Reuters) - Data-storage equipment maker EMC Corp cut its outlook on Wednesday after it reported a higher third-quarter profit and sales that missed analysts' expectations.
The world's biggest maker of corporate data-storage equipment said net income attributable to the company rose to $626.3 million, or 28 cents per share. Excluding items, it earned 40 cents per share.
Consolidated revenue rose 6 percent to $5.28 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 42 cents per share on revenue of $5.46 billion.
For the full year EMC said it expects to achieve earnings per share in a range of $1.68 and $1.70 and revenue between $21.60 billion and $21.75 billion.
Analysts were on average anticipating $1.72 per share and revenue of $22.03 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
In July, EMC reiterated its full-year profit forecast of $1.70 per share and repeated its revenue outlook of $22 billion.
Its shares fell 6.5 percent in premarket trading after closing at $24.68 on Tuesday.
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source