Powerful 6.6 magnitude quake strikes Costa Rica -USGS
WASHINGTON Oct 23 (Reuters) - A powerful 6.6 magnitude earthquake struck western Costa Rica on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake was centered about 38 miles (61 km) south of Liberia, Costa Rica, at a depth of 11.8 miles (19 km), the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries. (Editing by Eric Walsh)
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House