Powerful 6.6 magnitude quake strikes Costa Rica -USGS
WASHINGTON Oct 23 (Reuters) - A powerful 6.6 magnitude earthquake struck western Costa Rica on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake was centered about 38 miles (61 km) south of Liberia, Costa Rica, at a depth of 11.8 miles (19 km), the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries. (Editing by Eric Walsh)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official