SK Hynix shares jump after Q3 results beat forecasts
SEOUL Oct 24 (Reuters) - South Korea's SK Hynix Inc shares jumped 3.5 percent after it booked a smaller-than-expected quarterly operating loss on Wednesday.
The world's No. 2 maker of computer memory chips posted an operating loss of 15 billion won ($13.6 million) for the three months ended September, helped by an increase in shipments of chips for mobile devices like Apple Inc's iPad and iPhone.
The results beat a consensus forecast for an operating loss of 57 billion won from 15 analysts surveyed by Reuters. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA